"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Forest Lawn and Pro Bass Shops Outdoor World

Today was spent out in Covina and later Fontana for the funeral services for my cousin Lucia's husband Jeff at Forest Lawn at Covina Hills. To me, the hills will always be known as Kellogg Hills.

The services were set for noon but arrived there at about 10:45 so that I could find the grave of a friend and fraternity brother, Larry Whisenhunt. As I had mentioned previously, I knew Larry since high school and he appeared in the 1972 science-fiction movie, Silent Running as one of Bruce Dern's robot drones. He was profiled in the 1980s show, Real People.

I took down the grave's location from Forest Lawn's website and presented it to the girl at the entrance information booth. She marked the location on a map and after that, I was off.

Above, Larry Whisenhunt's grave marker. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I arrived at the section where the grave is at and it took me about 10 minutes to find it. Once I did, I went back to my car to get a towel to clean Larry's grave marker and took some photos, one of which is above.

Above, Larry Whisenhunt around the time of the filming of Silent Running.

After a few minutes, I headed down to the Church of Our Heritage, where the funeral services for Jeff was to be held.

The services were nice and included a video slideshow of Jeff's life. Following the services, we went to the columbarium to where Jeff's urn would be interred.

Following the internment, we proceeded to my cousin's home in Fontana for a reception. Along the way, I spotted the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Rancho Cucamonga store. I decided that would stop there before heading home.

This I did and I was impressed with the size of the store. I almost was going to stop in their Memphis store last year, but since I was driving The Beast and was unsure about the parking situation there (the store is in a big pyramid), I decided to skip it.

Above, the main entrance to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in Rancho Cucamonga. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Rancho Cucamonga store has everything for the outdoorsman from boating, camping, fishing, guns/hunting, clothing, restaurants, electronic shooting gallery and displays. I looked around for a while and decided that I would return when I had more time. It was a very impressive store and worth a trip out to Rancho Cucamonga to visit. Their prices were more reasonable than I expected. I bought a Bass Pro Shops baseball cap to wear on my upcoming trip to see the eclipse.

Some more photos of the inside of Bass Pro Shops Rancho Cucamonga store:

Above, it appears the tables were turned for this tourist. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the exit. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the exterior looked like a hunting lodge. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a display of vintage camping equipment. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, there's plenty of apparel for him and her. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, another view of the first floor clothing section. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the upstairs camping department. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a display of mule deer near the camping department. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog