"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Lava Hot Springs Base Camp

Above, The Beast at the Lava Hot Springs City Center KOA The river is at left in the background. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The base camp destination has been reached.

I am currently at the Lava Hot Springs (Idaho) City Center KOA Kampground. I got here a bit early, so I spent some time wandering around the down's main street.

I have a nice riverside campsite and I am next door to a family from Santa Clarita, California (we're practically neighbors). The daughters went gaga over the black onyx/sterling silver ring I bought in town and they invited me to float down the river with them. They are here for the eclipse as well.

I had to decline (reluctantly) as I had too much wine and was a bit buzzed.

Above, some people floating by on the river past my camp. Photo by Armand Vaquer.
But, since I have a riverside campsite, I have been relaxing and enjoying the show of people floating down the river (particularly the bikini-clad ladies).

I will be getting up early tomorrow morning so I can avoid the traffic (I hope) to secure a "beachhead" to experience the eclipse.  I will be going to somewhere near Idaho Falls and Rexburg.

The Wi-Fi here is weak, so I will end this now.

No comments:

Search This Blog