"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Dark Shadows Collection 6

Above, Dark Shadows Collection 6.

A few years ago, I began buying the MPI Dark Shadows original series DVDs.

I managed to get the first five DVDs before stopping. Yes, I know the complete series is available in a box set (around $300), but I did not want to get the whole series.

The last DVD I have has the 1795 storyline in which Victoria Winters (Alexandra Moltke) is back in the past so that how Barnabas Collins (Jonathan Frid) became a vampire is revealed. I was watching some of the episodes in Collection 5 the other day and decided to get Dark Shadows Collection 6.

Above, Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins at a White House Halloween party in 1969.

Last Friday, I checked Amazon.com to see if it was available and it was. So I ordered it. Since I have a special account, I was able to get it with a two-day delivery (due today) with no charge.

As it turned out, I received a telephone call from Amazon and the lady said the driver was looking for my apartment and wondered if he needed to be buzzed in. I gave her the directions to my apartment and within minutes the package was at my door.

The DVD case features Kathryn Leigh Scott as Josette as a vampire with her glued-on fingernail fangs.

Since I had nothing else going on yesterday, I started watching it. I finished the first disc last night. The original air dates for these episodes was in January 1968. I began watching the show a few months later (thanks to my mom).

Talk about great service! I wasn't expecting it until today, but it was delivered one day after ordering.

No comments:

Search This Blog