"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 11, 2017

Motorhome Maintenance Task Done

Above, The Beast at Lassen Volcanic National Park last month. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

There was one thing that had been somewhat neglected that I needed to do on The Beast. It was to check the house battery's water and to make sure the battery terminals were clean. I have two or three clampouts coming up (meaning, dry-camping), so I need the battery in good working order.

Following breakfast, I went out to do all this and found that the terminals did need cleaning. The water levels were okay, but I put in a little more.

To clean the battery and its terminals, I got a big cup of water mixed with baking soda. The baking soda took care of the cleaning in a jiffy. In case you didn't know, baking soda neutralizes battery acid on contact.

I did all this while the battery was disconnected to the house circuits.

I then started up The Beast and the battery is fully charged and ready to go.

No comments:

Search This Blog