"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Closing Date

Above, an aerial view of the house and land.

Going through a bunch of materials that the realtor sent to me yesterday, it looks like the closing date of the sale of my new abode will be January 31, 2018.

That gives me much to work with when contracting with a moving company and for shipping the Mustang to New Mexico. Naturally, everything is contingent upon the results of the home inspection that will take place this coming Monday.

It also gives me plenty of time to go through everything and dump what is no longer needed, wanted or necessary.

It has been 19 years since I last moved and the move will come three months shy of 20 years. At least staying put in one place for a long time helped to keep my rent lower in comparison to newer renters. But, since I will be buying the house outright, I won't have to deal with rents and drawing it out of my accounts on a monthly basis. Plus, owning a home and property is a good investment. Probably one of the best lines about land came from the movie Hollywoodland when George Reeves said to Eddie Mannix, "You know what they say about land, they aren't making any more of it!"

Since I'll have two acres to play with and given the fact that I'll be living in a horsey area, I could get a couple of horses. But as I said to Asya the other night about it, "I could get a horse or two. But I don't know a thing about them. Maybe I'll settle for an elephant." I told her there's plenty of wall space for her painting.

1 comment:

Gary said...

Wendy and I looked at your new home on Realtor.com Looks good!!! Congrats.

Wikipedia says ZERO population for Jamestown, but the county has 71,000 people. That works.

Tehachapi is away from "civilization" to a degree. But Jamestown even more so. This might take some getting used to for you. But it will be a great adventure.

Search This Blog