"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Two Years Coming Up

Above, Sierra during the Great American Eclipse trip in August. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

On November 11, it will mark two years since I brought Sierra home from the Hawthorne SPCA.

Since I will be on the road this coming week and I may not have Wi-Fi available to me, here is something that wrote in response at a RV forum about whether or not one should get another pet if the one they have passes away.
When my cat Siren died at 18 two years ago, I was unsure about getting another cat. It was mainly due to my age (62 at the time).  
My daughter found a shelter Facebook posting of a kitten and sent it to me. I looked and then moved on. But I kept going back to look for most of the day. Finally, I decided to call the shelter to see if she were still available. She was. 
I went down there immediately and adopted her and named her Sierra. She now is my traveling companion and has been to 17 states with me. 
Now, I don't know who rescued whom. No regrets!
Above, the SPCA photo I couldn't stop looking at.

Sierra will be going on the road with me this coming week. 

No comments:

Search This Blog