"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 29, 2017

"How To Catch The Keisei Line From Narita"

Above, the Keisei Line ticket counter below Terminal One at Narita Airport. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Whenever I book a room at my preferred hotel in Tokyo, the Hotel Asia Center of Japan, I generally take the Narita Express to Tokyo Station rom Narita Airport to catch a connecting subway to my hotel. If no rooms are available there (due to different reasons), I have stayed in the Ueno or Asakusa areas of Tokyo. This happened the last two times I visited Japan. If this is the case, I would take the Keisei Line from Narita to Ueno Station and take a quick cab ride to my hotel either in Ueno or Asakusa.

Above, the Keisei Skyliner. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The most memorable ride I had on the Keisei Line was in February 2014 when I was stuck nearly for 24 hours on a Keisei Line train midway between Narita Airport and Tokyo due to an unusually heavy snowstorm that arrived almost at the same time as I did.

Above, the Keisei Line train I was stuck in due to a heavy snowstorm. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tokyo Cheapo has an article on "How To Catch The Keisei Line From Narita".

It starts with:
If you’re going to be taking the Keisei Line from Narita Airport to your accommodation in Tokyo, you might want to give this walk-through a read first. To make your experience as smooth and stress-free as possible, we’ve put together a guide on getting from Point A (the Arrivals hall) to Point B (your destination). Let’s go! 
What a lot of travelers to Tokyo don’t realize is that Narita Airport is actually in Chiba—that’s the next prefecture over. Getting from the airport, which is out in the sticks, to the big city can take a little longer and be a bit more complex than expected. Luckily, both the Keisei Line and Japan Railways run trains throughout the day, including dedicated airport expresses. If you’re happy to pay for speed, Keisei’s fastest option, the Skyliner, can get you to downtown Tokyo in as little as 41 minutes. There are also a number of other ways to get from Narita to Tokyo.

To read the article, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog