"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Flu or Cold?



We've been hearing a lot about this year's flu season. It has been worse this season and has caused a number of deaths.

I came down with a cold or flu a month ago during the fires in and around the San Fernando Valley. I went to the doctor and the prescribed medication knocked it off in short order.

Last night, I was having bouts of sneezing and coughing, which continued on today. I don't know if this is another cold or flu or the same one from a month ago that decided to come back.

Fortunately for me, I have ten day's worth of Montelukast tablets left over from last month's bout. I started taking them last night.

If this is a new cold/flu, I suspect it came from when I went to the market or U-Haul last Friday. This came abruptly and at the wrong time since I have a lot of packing to do.

What's the difference between a flu and a cold? According to the Center For Disease Control (CDC):

Flu vs Cold

Signs and SymptomsInfluenzaCold
Symptom onsetAbruptGradual
FeverUsual; lasts 3-4 daysRare
AchesUsual; often severeSlight
ChillsFairly commonUncommon
Fatigue, weaknessUsualSometimes
SneezingSometimesCommon
Stuffy noseSometimesCommon
Sore throatSometimesCommon
Chest discomfort, coughCommon; can be severeMild to moderate; hacking cough
HeadacheCommonRare

Flu Symptoms

No comments:

Search This Blog