"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, January 5, 2018

Goodyear Blimp "Wingfoot Two"

Above, Wingfoot Two in Carson, California. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since I am going to be renting a dumpster next week to clear out junk that has accumulated over the years, in preparation for my move at the end of the month, my roommate Jess decided that it would best for her to spend a few days at her mom's in Orange County.

While I was driving her there, we passed the Carson, California Goodyear Airship Operations station that sits next to the freeway. As luck would have it, the new Los Angeles Goodyear blimp, Wingfoot Two, was sitting out in the open. Had I thought of it, I would have brought along my Canon camera to take some zoom shots of it. At least I had my phone/camera with me.

I decided that if it is still there on my return trip, I would snap some photos.

As I was driving the RV, I didn't see that the station had enough parking space for it. It didn't matter as the blimp was facing the station. I found a side road where I pulled off to the side and snapped my photos through a chain-ink fence.

Here's three of them:

Above, Wingfoot Two from the I-405 freeway. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Wingfoot Two. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, Wingfoot Two. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog