"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Furniture Shopping

After getting the old 1989 Mustang all tuned up and a new clutch (that part was unexpected), I took it out to Gallup today to check out some furniture for the house. The old car still has a lot of pep! I had to get it in shape before moving to New Mexico.

I decided to dump the old dark oak dining table. I got tired of looking at it since I've had it for over 30 years (bought during my marriage).

I stopped at a place in Gallup and looked around in their showroom of dining sets. Most of them were of dark wood or other materials. But I saw this one:



As you can see, it is a lighter stained wood and would go well in the dining area next to the kitchen:



The other item I was on the lookout for was a sofa-bed that would go into the spare bedroom that will probably be used as an office and/or a guest room.

I saw this one (and the pillows come with it) that I liked:



This will be the room that it would go into:



I am seriously considering buying both, maybe tomorrow. The price is right, about $700 each, and even cheaper if I pay cash (which I would anyway). The store also has free delivery.

Neither item is flashy, but would compliment each room.

No comments:

Search This Blog