"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 13, 2018

ECV Membership Certificate

Back in January 1984, while up in Sacramento for a wedding, I was initiated into the Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus along with (currently XSNGH) Glenn Thornhill through New Helvetia Chapter No. 5. I was at the "ripe old age" of 29 at the time.

During my recent move from California to New Mexico, I "unearthed" my original certificate of membership into the Order. It sustained some discoloration (in the shape of a missing chunk of glass) after the original frame's glass broke and I set it aside to prevent any further damage (such as tearing).

I have since re-framed it and it is proudly mounted on a wall at my new abode with an illustration of John Wayne nearby to keep an eye on it (as he's wearing his Rooster Cogburn eyepatch, he can only watch it with one eye):




There is no longer a New Helvetia Chapter No. 5 in E Clampus Vitus. It was de-chartered around 2014 by the ECV Grand Council due to some major infractions. The Sacramento area is now represented by the John A. Sutter Chapter #1841.

No comments:

Search This Blog