"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Resort Fees and Parking Charges Reportedy Killing Las Vegas Tourism

Above, The Beast at Circus Circus RV Park in 2015. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised!

The Los Angeles Times reported that fewer people are visiting Las Vegas due to resort fees and parking charges.

They wrote:
Daily resort fees and parking charges are rising and spreading in Las Vegas, adding as much as $45 a day to visitors' hotel bills. The publisher of Las Vegas Advisor blames the extra charges for a recent decline in the number of visitors. 
"Everyone hates resort fees, but the parking [fee] is even worse," said Anthony Curtis of Las Vegas Advisor. "Everyone wants some kind of comp, [and] the most basic comp is free parking. That was the one comp that everyone got."

Last year, I was going to reserve a campsite at the Circus Circus RV Park on the Las Vegas Strip (I stayed there in 2015) until the reservation website tacked on a $27 resort or amenities fee that would have made the total charge around $60 per night. I was on my way to view the Great American Eclipse in Idaho. I said, "To hell with that!"

I ended up staying at a RV park on the eastern side of Las Vegas (about 3 miles from The Strip) that didn't charge any resort or amenities fee.

To read more, go here.

1 comment:

Selena Lyon said...

Parking charges is a serious issue. I should take this seriously. You can also book Stansted airport cheap parking and save a lot of money.

Search This Blog